With a heavy workload that requires spending long periods of time sitting in front of a computer screen, or sitting in a moving car for long periods of time, these habits make you spend most of your time sitting in a flexed hip position. curved. This leads to the consequences that your back, waist and hips are affected and painful often, especially for office workers who have to sit at the computer for many hours! Although there are many stretching exercises to help reduce fatigue, try the “Bridge” exercise to help stretch the hip muscles to improve mobility and increase strength. your lower back!
I. How to do the Bridge exercise – Bridge Pose
- Step 1: Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and heels a few centimeters from your buttocks so that your fingertips touch your heels when your arms are at your sides.
- Step 2: Squeeze your glutes and abs, and push your heels to lift your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Step 3: Pause and squeeze your glutes at the top, then slowly lower your hips to return to the starting position.
Do 10 repetitions, 2 sets each time, repeat 2-3 times a week.
– Breathe evenly and properly during exercise
– Pay attention to the position of your feet while performing the movement
– Tighten your glutes at the beginning of the exercise
II. Benefits of the Bridge Exercise
Goodbye back pain: Weak and less active hips are part of the cause of low back pain. This exercise will work your lower back, abs, and supporting hip muscles if you’re having trouble squatting due to back, hip or knee pain. In addition, a strong back will assist you in balancing movement and correct posture in everyday life!
Strengthens Your Body: While it focuses on the hip area, this exercise is also particularly helpful in activating and strengthening your core stabilizing muscles. This exercise contributes to reducing belly fat, focuses on the muscles in the 6-pack abs and exercises the oblique muscles, helping you to have a firmer waist.
Run faster and jump higher: The “Bridge” exercise is also beneficial in helping you run faster and jump higher as it helps strengthen the hip and leg muscles used in these activities. People often believe that it takes hundreds of exercises to improve calves to achieve the desired height and speed, however, if the hip muscles are not strong enough and are not exercised regularly, the muscles will become overactive. are inefficient with each other. So don’t forget to do hip exercises if you want a comprehensive healthy body too!
Once you start practicing this “Bridge” exercise, you will quickly be amazed at how quickly your hip muscles improve and how well they affect the whole body, helping to boost energy and build a healthy body. golden health to stay active all day long!