What is a cell and the connection between cells and energy. Your cells and body both need energy to function. Energy is provided from food. So if we eat unhealthy, poor quality food, is this connection and our cells damaged? If you understand this connection, you will know that healthy food will bring positive energy to your mitochondria and cells, giving you durable strength and fresh beauty every day. Let’s find out more with Drinkizz!
1. What is a cell?
Cell are the structural, functional, and biological units of all living beings, including plants, animals and humans. The cell is the smallest, basic unit of life that is responsible for all of life’s processes.
A cell can replicate itself independently, that’s why they are known as the building blocks of life.
Most recent estimates put the number of cells in the human body at around 30 trillion and that the human body can replace 20 million cells in just a few seconds!! (1, 2)
The cell is very complex and has 14 parts. Every part of the cell has a specific function.
Today, we want to focus on the mitochondria which releases energy from digested foods.
2. The connection between cells and energy
Inside each cell, there are huge numbers of tiny parts called mitochondria and they play a central role in metabolism of the human body. (3)
Parts of the body that need a lot of energy have large numbers of mitochondria in their cells. For example, liver cells and muscle cells contain a lot of mitochondria.
Just like a factory can’t run without electricity, a cell can’t run without energy
- Mitochondria converts the food and the air into adenosine triphosphate (“ATP”), a special type of fuel that powers our cells, and therefore, us.
The best dietary source to produce ATP is carbohydrates.
Carbohydrates are stored as glycogen in both the liver and muscles and easily converted to ATP.
Empty calories of chemical sugars, flours, and other processed foods force mitochondria to generate free radicals and inflammation before producing ATP.
- Mitochondria are sensitive to stress, sedentary lifestyles, and exposure to toxins from non-organic foods. These make your cell age faster and lower your metabolism.
On the contrary, when we eat healthy foods that contain phytonutrients, antioxidants we help our mitochondria, cells, and body stay younger and energetic every day. (4)
3. How O.N.E drink (Organic Natural Energy) can improve the connection between cells and energy?
In addition to a healthy diet, the daily consumption of O.N.E drink – drinks rich in organic nutrients and antioxidants – will help you improve the cell-energy relationship in 2 ways:
- Provides a clean source of carbohydrate from organic cane sugar, 17.5 grams each 250ml can in only 75kcal on a Recommended Daily Intake of 2000 kcal a day. O.N.E drink provides instant energy to mitochondria and cells.
- O.N.E drink contains large amounts of antioxidants, from organic hibiscus and its other organic plant-based ingredients, specifically 1250 micromole (μmol) of the 8800 μmol recommended daily (more than 14% of RDI). O.N.E drink increases the metabolic efficiency of the mitochondria, improves function and keeps cells healthier every day.
When mitochondria and cells’ energy metabolism are improved, they give you durable strength and fresh beauty every day!